Saturday, March 28, 2009

In like a lion - Out like a lamb


This card was made for the
SCS Limited supply challenge. I had this idea in my head ever since I recieved the Wild Things stamps from The Greeting Farm. I envisioned pretty spring-like pastels and never ever would have thought about doing black and white until the whole lamb thing came up in the challenge. You see the limited supply was the color - only black and white were to be used. So black and white is was. I will definitely do this in spring colors also.

I put the lion and lamb (though I think it is supposed to be a bear) on opposite sides of a circle and used my brad/eyelet technique so that it would rotate. I Layered the odd shaped left-hand side piece on top with several layers of pop-up dots so that when rotated, the circle would go underneath.
















This is an overhead view of the card, looking down into it. Hopefully you can see the circle beneath the top layer. You can definitely see those pop up dots. Next to chocolate candy and the library, I think pop-up dots are some of humankind's greatest inventions. So there you have it. In like a lion and out like a lamb.

Card Ingredients:
Wild Things Stamps
Black Market Paper Society Ebony and Alabaster
Prisma pencils/gamsol
Sakura glitter pen

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow, this is stunning! I love black and white cards. Classy. Great job!!!

Ann said...

OMGosh! This is tooo cute! Love it in b&w, too!

Mary G. said...

This is beautifully elegant! I love the black and white combination!! Stunning!

Jacquel said...

Beautiful card! love the black & white combo and the cute image you used...tfs!!!

UKMUMINUSA said...

Gorgeous card, love the colour combination, TFS.

Anjou Krelovich said...

Stunning! Super classy and cute at the same time!