Sunday, May 16, 2010

ANY BIRDY HOME?

For some reason I am into birdhouses lately. I have been trying to convert my home into the shabby chic style, slow going since I am so busy all the time, but I have seen so many cute SC birdhouses and I want to start collecting some for our decor.
When I saw this adorable set, ANY BIRDY HOME from ARTFUL INKABLES I just had to have it! There are 3 different birdhouses and the cute flowers you see on my project.

This week's THINK INK CHALLENGE is to follow this recipe:
3 buttons
2 pieces of ribbon
1 circle

I decided to make a post-it note holder for my desk at work. I found the wooden fence at the craft store and painted it with crackle paint. The bird house was attached to a thin dowel and was inserted into the base of the fence. I used my handy dandy Dremmel tool to drill a hole for the dowel. I followed the recipe up to the circle, I considered the circles in the flowers as part of it even though there are quite a few. I so love how this turned out, now I just have to clear some space on my desk for it.

If you would like to participate in the challenge just hop on over to the ARTFUL INKABLES BLOG and link up your project by Tuesday, May 25, 2010 to win a GRAB BAG of AI STAMPS!

Make sure to stop back tomorrow for our NEW RELEASE BLOG HOP!

8 comments:

Call Me Crafty Al said...

This is amazing!!! Such a great way to use the Any Birdy Home set. TFS!

Lorraine said...

this is amazing wish i could make things like this its stunning xx

Claireabelle said...

Fabulous!
x

Barb said...

This is fantastic! Love the colors, and your coloring is amazing!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is so adorable! So creative!

Michelle said...

This looks amazing! I love the look of the white crackle paint on the picket fence.

Tasha said...

Wow thi is beautiful, the detail is amazing, and i love the colours
love tasha xx

Sammi said...

WOW! This is stunning Kim! xx