Friday, October 29, 2010

WHEN WITCHES GO RIDING....

and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers, tis near Halloween.  Halloween is such a fun Holiday and I can never have/make enough decorations so I made a bat shaped treat container that can be used as a decoration once the goodies are gone. 


I have a tutorial on how this was made at THE HYBRID CHICK


And, I finished my sons costume just in time for his cub scout party.  We both love how it turned out and he won second second place in overall best costume, not bad for a bunch of bones!
I can't take credit for this idea though I made my son's costume quite a bit differently from the one I saw HERE.  The brilliant person who made the costume used a light weight modeling clay and it is incredibly cool looking.    I made my son's costume out of rolls of white craft foam.
Unfortunately, he couldn't wear the costume for his school party because they aren't allowed to wear masks.  Go figure. 

Have a good one!

4 comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

My sons are looking at this (bc I called them over, LOL!) and probably are wishing you were their mom, LOL! This is CRAZY cute and SO SO awesome-WOW! I love the pics!

Melyssa said...

Wow this is amazing!! Thanks so much for sharing this.
My son's elementry school wouldn't let the kids dress up at all!

Tasha said...

Wow you are the coolest mum ever! I ould never be able to make Millie a costume like this! He looks amazing!
I love the bat treat container, would love to have a go at making one myself
love tasha xx

Beth aka BR-T said...

You are the coolest most super mom ever!!!