Friday, March 4, 2011

REFURBISH IT FRIDAY!

Hi there, hope you had a great week!

This week I finished painting the cream overlay.  It is still a bit streaky in places but since I am going to distress by sanding it is ok.
 I started out with fine grit sand paper and soon found out that I needed a bit heavier grit to get the results I wanted.  I sanded on the edges, the creases and a bit on the surface, just so the brown showed through the cream. I tried not to go all the way to the wood.  I thinks it looks pretty cool.

I have to seal it with some varnish which I didn't have time to purchase (don't get me started on the busy week I have had) so I went on and sorted out the background I am going to use.
 I measured the sizes of the openings so that I could make a layout of the papers that I am going to use for the background.



I chose some digital papers called GARDENOLOGIE from THE DIGI CHICK.  They are beautiful, vintage papers and I like the fact that with digital I can lay them out in photo shop to get the look I want before making a single cut into paper.  
I then placed each section on a new ps doc and am ready to print. I wanted to print the sections out separately so that I could ink up the edges a bit before placing them on the background. 

See ya next time, have a goodun!





2 comments:

Prudently Painted Vintage said...

Looks great! Thanks for the nice comment on my kitchen island and giving me your input. Always appreciated :)

You can see the whole kitchen in a pic here if you are interested:

http://prudentlypaintedvintage.blogspot.com/2011/02/kitchen-before-and-after.html

Roseny Crisp said...

Lindo,lindo,lindo.
··._.·♥·.¸¸♥♥
Beautiful,beautiful,beautiful.
··._.·♥·.¸¸♥♥