Friday, October 19, 2012

STENCILED PUMPKIN

I wanted a pumpkin to go with my black and cream runner so I decided to get a plain white pumpkin and do some stenciling.
I used some of the new sticky stencils from Martha Stewart.  They work great with the rounded contours of the pumpkin.

I also got some of the MS stenciling tools and used a small foam pouncer to apply black metallic (I didn't choose this in particular, just had it on hand) paint.
My work is a little messy but you can't tell  from far away.  I really like how it turned out and it looks great with the runner.
I also made the stand that it is sitting on.  I found the base at goodwill for $1.99 and bought the round top at joanns.  I  painted it with RustOleum's Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint. Cool huh?

1 comment:

Paige Dolecki said...

Kim -

LOVE that pumpkin and your stand too! I'm going to have to get a can of the Rubbed Bronze spray paint because I love every DIY project I see that uses it!

Paige