This turned out to be unbelievably easy and I think it looks pretty cool. Looks great in my bathroom too!
YEP, THATS ALL FOLKS!
like i did, doh). Make sure to choose the transparency setting on your print and print on the transparency sheet. Don't touch the ink, set it aside to let it dry completely.
While it was drying, I grabbed my hunk of driftwood.
And put on a couple coats of watered down, light cream, craft paint with a foam brush. Let dry.
You should probably tape it on to the surface that you are using but I was so anxious to try it that I didn't and it worked out fine. Holding the transparency in place, I used the bone folder (a wooden craft stick would work fine too), to rub the image on to the wood. Since I was going for a shabby look and it was on an uneven surface, the imperfect image transfer worked perfectly.
I forgot to take a picture of this but I also added a distressing by wiping on a very light coat of brown stain. This smeared the image a little but it just added to the shabbiness.
I added some twine and a prima flower embellishment to pretty it up and was done. It took less than an hour to complete. No painting, tracing or light boxes woo hoo!