My main goal was a dresser for my son. He has been using a hand me down, child's dresser, that my daughter had when she was little. I wanted a long, low dresser with lots of drawers that he could put his tv on. It took months but I finally found just what I was looking for at a local thrift shop and at 39.99 I couldn't beat the price. It is solid wood, with dovetail drawers and it was in pretty durn good condition.
This is what it started out like......
Love how this turned out and my son is pretty happy too! Look at that smile and the slightly crazy eyes - i think it is from the paint fumes!!!
THIS awesome dresser at the Jilly and Mia blog.
-Rustoleum painter's touch ultra cover 2X grey primer and flat black paint
-A spray paint can trigger thingy (a picture is below -this thing is great and helps give a smooth finish)
-Frog brand painters tape (never used this before but I loved how it worked)
-Sandpaper - 200 and 220 grit
-Fiddes and sons wax
-Lots of my son's old undershirts
-Face mask, Ear guard
On to the paint. I wrapped the dresser with newspaper around the bottom and Used a card board box so I wouldn't paint the grass.
And then I lightly distressed (sanded lightly with 220 grit sandpaper) the edges of both the top and the drawers.
I think I gave them about four very light coats flipping the handle each time to cover everything. I understand you are supposed to sand these things before painting but I was too lazy to do them all and it still worked out ok.
It is amazing what a can of spray paint can do. It fit perfectly in my son's room, looks really great with his decor and he now has plenty of room for his socks and undies. Of course they will still be all over his floor as usual but at least he has a place for them.... theoretically.
I have lots more projects but I have to actually photoshop the pics and organize so I will be posting as time allows. Since school is back in session things are a whirlwind again.
Till next time......