I made all the large flowers as shown in THIS tutorial.
I started with a styrofoam wreath found at Michaels and wrapped (and glued as I went) strips of beige linen around the entire circle. I used regular elmers white glue for this part as I didn't want the bumps I sometimes get with a hot glue gun.
This was wrapped and glued on top of the linen. I think it is kinda pretty as is but you know I couldn't stop there.
Three of the shamrocks were glued onto a strip of linen.
Small slits were cut on the end of each side of the linen.
I added a thick dot of hot glue to the back of a button and let it dry. This made a small shank that lifted the button up from the wreath when it was attached. This allowed the linen to slide over the button and hold it in place. The buttons were hidden under the petals of the flowers.
All set for St. Patty's Day. I sorta wish I hadn't made the biggest flowers as big as I did but I do like how it turned out and I am anxious to get started on some bunnys.