Friday, December 4, 2009

A FARM FRESH FRIDAY COLOR CHALLENGE!

Happy Friday! Hope you enjoyed the blog hop and THANK YOU so much for all the sweet comments! I love seeing all the DT's creations, what a super group of ladies!

Today's FFF is a color challenge which is something I haven't done before. Don't worry if you don't have the exact colors you can use something that is close-enuff! My project is mostly blue and brown but I do have a tiny bit of olive on the book and for the grass.


I would love to take credit for the the design of this lovely box but it is a total case of an amazing paper crafter named KIRSTEN . I pretty much copied her work as is except for the image which is the VICTORIAN READER stamp from TGF. If you go take a look at her project you will know why. It is nothing short of magnificent and she has a tutorial on her blog on how to make it.

Not only is it a cool treasure keeper it has a card attached to the top. Brilliant! I made this one for a friend but when my daughter saw it she said (in a pleading little girl way) "awwwww, I want one of these". They are so easy to make I will certainly make her one.

I used some of my hoarded/coveted SU paper for this project(I can't remember the exact name but it isn't available anymore and I wish I had bought a lot more of it) so you know it is for someone VERY special. Which she really is!

Did you see that cute little blinkie over there on the right? Club Anya is having a customer blog hop and you are invited to join in! Just click on the blinkie and sign yourself up in the comments section of the post it should be a lot of fun!
Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Kim this is fabulous, I LOVB it.

Lisa said...

What a wonderful project! I love the vintage look and the box is just fantastic!

Hugs,
Lisa

Mary Giles said...

This is soooo lovely! I like how you can put a personal message on the top part. Great job with the color challenge too. How endearing is that that your DD wants one too. Awww.

Jessica Diedrich said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Kim! Beautiful project! I just ordered a few card boxes to alter and I'm gonna take a stab at it because I love the way they look but I'm always kind of scared of 3D anything LOL! I LOVE that there is a drawer on here, too-the whole thing is just beautiful!

Gabby said...

OK...you are making me sick! LOL! This is a beauty!!! I am impressed! Thanks for the inspiration! *drooling as I leave*

Danni said...

Such a beautiful creation!

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww Kim this is BEAUTIFUL hun, I love the box that you cased from Kristine, I will have to take a look at hers tooo:) Thank you for the link, and beautiful job!!!
Hugs,
cheryl

Peggy said...

Beautiful project!! Love the colors you chose to work with!

Kelly Booth said...

This is Wonderful Kim...I so love your projects!!

kadie said...

This is INCREDIBLE!! Beautiful job with this color palette!