Thursday, December 22, 2011

SHE'S GOT IT TOO!

I had pretty much given up on thinking that the crafting gene which was passed on from my talented mom and dad to me, had made it through to my daughter. She has never really shown any interest in any of it. I bought her a sewing machine when she was about 12 and she has never even tried using it. How surprised was I last night when I got a text saying she needed to buy craft supplies (can I get a fist pump and a yesssss) to make some gifts for her friends. THUD... not only because she wanted to make them but because she asked to buy stuff. I have a whole warehouse full of craft stuff that I never use including most of what she needed.
She wanted to personalize candy canes  to give to her friends and did it all without my help or suggestions. How cute is that? Sniff, sniff, I am so proud.
This one is a kitty with a ball of yarn, sigh.... I think it hasn't skipped a generation as I had feared.

Changing gears here, I have a little something I made my boss. It is a paper pieced mug rug with, of course(if you didn't know we study frog development), a frog on it. I found the pattern HERE ON ETSY and thought it was really cute. Now, this man has tons of frog stuff all over his office and I usually don't get him more but this was functional and something he hadn't gotten before.
Before you think bad thoughts, I know my quilting skills are lacking (just take a look at the skrewed up left leg) but I just figured I could say he was a mutant frog affected by toxins in his environment.

Hope you have a great day! LINKY PARTIES Photobucket

3 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

Too cute! Such a fun post!

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Way to go, passing that crafting gene on!! And what a great gift for your boss :) Thanks so much for sharing at the Kiss & Tell party over at my place, Kim!!

Susan@FruitfulWords said...

Cool that your daughter crafted this Christmas.

Your job also sounds cool.

LOVE the frog mug rug.I am going to check out the pattern on etsy as I NEED to make one for my daughter. Her screen name is "cool blue frog" and as you can imagine it is hard to find blue frogs on things.