Wednesday, December 7, 2011

VINTAGE ORNAMENTS

I have a couple more vintage type ornaments for you today. I am keeping these though because I really like how they turned out. I hadn't intended to make them but Kellie Mize from THE DIGI CHICK had some new Vintage Winter Charms digis and I thought they would be perfect paired up with some Spellbinder dies I have. I cut the dies from some bronze colored craft metal. I thought it was a little too shiny so I added some bronze flake paint and dabbed a bit of pitch black alcohol ink on top to make the frames. The images were printed on semi-gloss photo paper and glued to the back of the frame with E-6000 glue. I was in a hurry to get them done so I didn't take pics of the process. Let me know if you want to see how I did it and I will post later. These are the dies I used; Spellbinders Shapeabilities Dies-Fancy Tags Nestabilities -Rectangles and circles (to cut out the inside of the tags)

LINKY PARTIES

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

Tip Junkie handmade projects

11 comments:

Elly said...

Beautiful ornaments Kim, and the ones below........just GORGEOUS!!

Jen Lossing, Artistic Abode Designs said...

These are beautiful. I saw them on Chic on a Shoestring. They caught my eye right away. Nice job!

Marisa Job said...

Beautiful! I love the metal look, great job!

Mandy said...

Followed you over from Lolly Jane! Beautiful ornaments.

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Yes, yes I DO want to know how you did it! And I want to know more about this craft metal. These are fabulous!! Thanks SO much for sharing them at the Winter Wonderland party over at I Gotta Create!

weissbunt said...

So pretty, thanks for stopping by the other Day :-)!

Lauryn Ashli said...

BEAUTIFUL!
i love all things vintage :)
{love} lauryn @ lovenoteslauryn.blogspot.com

Ruby Jean said...

Oh WOW!!! those are GORGEOUS!!! I would love for you to share them here http://shoprubyjean.com/2011/12/sew-crafty-tuesday-linky-party1/

Bridget Larsen said...

Gorgeous and Congratulations on making it through round 1 of Spellbinders Design Team 2012

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

these are absolutely stunning. I'd love you to add them to my What We Wore and Made Party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Just featured you on my facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Igottacreate/100573240032625?sk=wall
<3