Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Fall Daffodils?

I am not sure how a spring daffodil ended up looking so fall-like but it just sort of turned out that way as I was coloring it.

The daffodil is a digital stamp from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff. She has several versions including one with a stem. Very pretty for feminine cards. I also used one of her vine/flower stamps to create the background on the circle behind the daffodil. I colored the image with prisma pencils on watercolor paper for some extra texure and then used mod podge to give it a little shine.


I made several layers of the petals to give it dimension.


I used this sketch
from the Mojo Monday Sketch challenge.














Card Stuff
Stamps - Lindsay's Stamp Stuff, daffodil, vine
Ink - SU, really rust
Paper - SU, really rust, black - Digital Scrapbook Place
Etc., Smile sentiment computer generated, brads, MS edge punch, Nestabilities square, circle.

11 comments:

Olena said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Great job! ~Olena~

Anonymous said...

Wow this is BEAUTIFUL! I love the elements youused on it. Just fabulous!

Margie said...

Beautiful coloring-so soft and warm!

Judy McMullen said...

Gorgeous! Love your layered daffodil!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks great kim! love the dimention and fall colors!

Katt said...

Simply Gorgeous, fall colors or not! Love how vibrant this is!

Leanne said...

Wow! This is amazing card! Love it! You do such great work!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Wow, I love this daffodil and the entire card! Your blending is beautiful!!!!!

Timbo said...

Nice coloring of the daffodil! The whole card looks great too!

pink rose said...

Good job!!!
It's beautiful card.

Mrs. Fence said...

I love the colors and all the layering of the daffodil. Your card is very pretty!