Friday, May 15, 2009

GRADUATION CARD


This card was made for my niece (the softball star) who will be graduating from high school (colors are blue and gold obviously)at the end of the month. It also fits with the Digital Tuesday Challenge to make a non-traditional folding or shaped card.

I got the grad hat template from ARC at SCS. The hat flips up to reveal a little pocket on the inside to hold a gift card or check. Very clever and it was so easy to make! The tutorial had a pull out mechanism on the inside that attached to the gift card but I will be putting a check inside and I didn't want to put anything sticky that might tear it.

I Cut a separate top layer of the hat and embossed it with a cuttlebug folder. The edges were trimmed with a Krylon gold leafing pen and the bottom was embossed with gold embossing powder. The tassel came from the home dec section of Joanns. The image is a digital Anya from The Greeting Farm.

This is the first time I tried using my SU reinkers to color. I put a drop in a plastic watercolor tray and used a small aquapainter to color her in. I was surprised that I liked the way it turned out, but it is hard to make anya look bad, she is just too cute.

Card Stuff
Paper - Blue CS
Stamps - The greeting Farm, Grad Anya - SU, Yummy
Etc.,- Krylon gold leaf pen, gold embossing powder, tassel

10 comments:

Ellibelle said...

This is amazing. I love the shape! The embossing looks great! Thanks so much for playing the DTC.

Anjou Krelovich said...

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous! The shape, the colors and your coloring. Wonderful! Thanks for visiting DTC!

Lora said...

This is fantastic. Love that image, I think I will have to visit the Greetings Farm soon!
Thanks for playing at the Digital Tuesday Challenge this week.
Lora x

Emma said...

Wow gorgeous card, totally fantastic.
Thanks for joining us at DTC and good luck.
Emma x

Chris said...

This is a fabulous card, I love the shape, such a clever idea and perfect for your Daughter, congrats to her on her graduation! I love your creations, very inspiring and eye catching. Chris :)

Michelle Redman said...

Wow!! Totally awesome!! Such an awesome idea!! I may have to CASE!! Thanks for joining us at the DTC!!

Carisa said...

This is absolutely fabulous! wow. WIsh I had thought of this, LOL. I may have to case it tonight now. Great job. Thanks for playing along at DTC.

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! Love this Graduation Gift Card Holder! Thanks for the link...it's just in time for my niece's and nephew's graduation!!!
Love that Greeting Farm image!!!

cr8iveme said...

what a great gift card idea.

M.E. aka CMCMaryD@SCS

eunice said...

Came across your beautiful card while searching for grad cards at Splitcoast & loved it so much I had to CASE it for a grad card I needed to make.(posted on my blog w/ a link to yours) Thank you for the wonderful creative inspiration! BTW, I'm so glad I came here, your cards & projects are just awesome!!!!