Friday, June 12, 2009

BEACHY KEEN!


The challenge this time at SCRAPPY FROGS CHALLENGE BLOG is to do something with a beach theme. I couldn't help but use these summer time cuties from ALL THAT SCRAPS. I have waving emma in the front and sandbucket trevor popping up on the inside. I made the sand castle using a technique I found at PAPER IN THE WORKS. If you haven't checked out this blog please do so. Kim Teasdale is a cardmaking goddess and I worship at her inky little feet. She used the diamond cuttlebug embossing folder to cut out bricks for a tower and the small squares for the cone shaped top, it is awesome! I used the same technique to make my sand castle. I used THIS picture of a sandcastle, sized it to about 5X6 inches and cut it up to make my template. The little pail, shovel and sunscreen are Jolee's stickers.


Scrappy Frogs Challenge always has the most fun prizes and the best part is that winners are chosen at random so everyone has an equal chance. Hop on over and give the challenge a try you will be so hoppy you did!


PROJECT STUFF
Stamps - All That Scraps, digi waving emma and sandbucket trevor
Ink - SU,creamy caramel; Distress Ink,vintage photo
Paper - Digi Chick, Living Seas; The Paper Company, Tan Parchment
Etc., - Jolee's beach stickers, Cuttlebug embossing folders, diamonds in the rough and I threw out the container for the small squares so I don't know the exact name

15 comments:

Maria Matter said...

This is brilliant Kim!
Blessings, Maria

Michele Kovack said...

What an incredible card this is! It literally is jaw dropping!!!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!! Your card is AWESOME!! Off to check out the blog you recommended!!

Louise F NZ said...

This is just fantastic!!!! Super cute and totally clever too.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Absolutely adorable. And what a fun surprise when the card is folded down.

Anjou Krelovich said...

OMG, this is just perfect. Totally totally cute!

Cheryl Walker said...

OMGosh this is way toooooooo cute!!!! I love all the details on this!!! You did an AWESOME job :)

I will have to check out the beach challenge :) Looks like it would be alot of fun:)

Hugs,
Cheryl

MiamiKel said...

What an absolutely stunning card!! You've done a terrific job and it's a stunner - I hope you enter this card EVERYWHERE and showcase it's beauty! WOW!! TFS!

Ginny said...

W-O-W!!!!!!!

Kim Teasdale said...

Oh my GOSH! I LOVE your sandcastle! It's totally freakin' adorable and I love the fact that it folds down! Wow! Great use of imagination!

Hugs

Kim :D

Saskia said...

WOW!!!! Lovely, lovely work!! So happy I just discovered your blog! You're so creatieve!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Lelia Pierce said...

Can you say FABBY??? Wow, Kim! Really wonderful card! You blew me out of the water!

Hugs,
Lelia

Peggy said...

This is absolutely adorable!!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

This is absolutely wonderful!!! I'm just shaking my head in amazement - TFS : )

cr8iveme said...

what a brilliant card

M.E. aka CMCMaryD@SCS