Friday, November 6, 2009

MEET ME UNDER THE MISTLETOE!

Lately, as I have been blurfing, I have seen some wonderful diorama projects such as THIS super cute/cool card by Traci (aka wicked pixie) and THIS gorgeous box by Mel. I love this type of card so I thought I would do one for this weeks FARM FRESH FRIDAY CHALLENGE which is to make one WILD project.

The two little kissin cuties all snug in their tree home waiting for santa (and maybe gettin a little wild themselves before he lands on the roof top) is a digi stamp called MISTLETOE KISS from THE GREETING FARM.

I used my favorite faux wood tutorial found HERE on SCS to make the tree stump which I cut out freehand. I figured how exact do I have to be, its a tree stump! I made the faux wood as directed, added a couple coats of water based varnish for shine and stiffness, let it dry then used my nesties on it for the cutout part. The trees and lights are stickers I found in the dollar bin at Joanns and the snowflake is a couple of MS punches. I didn't have an icicle punch so I used the goo one and just trimmed the globs to points. I ran that and the bottom snow (white CS) through my wizard using my dotted swiss cuttlebug folder and added little shine with my jelly roll clear star pen.

Head on over to THE GREETING FARM BLOG to participate in the challenge, things are gonna get WILD over there!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

holy cow, kim...this is so amazing! love the scene you've created...so creative and phenomenal!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh Kim so clever and sweet!!

Mary Giles said...

Oh my goodness! How adorable is this! I love the peek into the skunk house and how you "decorated" the tree trunk is amazing. It really says Christmas.

Kelly Booth said...

This is so Super Cute Kim...Love it!!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Absolutely ADORABLE little scene you created for these little stinkers! (lol, pun intended ;) GORGEOUS holiday card, Kim! I LOVE it!

Diana said...

Gorgeous!!! Your coloring and everything is just awesome awesome!

Amy said...

Wow, this is awesome Kim! Love how they decorated their stump for Christmas, and you made that drippy goo border look great as icicles! :)

Peggy said...

Fantastic Diorama! Love that tree stump!!

WickedPixie said...

Oh My! You (and your card!) are Amamzing!! I love this scene and all of the wonderful details you have added! It makes me feel so happy and cozy! :-)Traci