Sunday, April 11, 2010

BREAKING DAWN

Although, I am not much into the Twilight series, I can totally see why my daughter and others like her love this new crop of vamps.
I have to admit that when I was young, I was completely enthralled by vampires. I loved watching reruns of Dark Shadows, was hopelessly in love with Michael Nouri's vampire character in the Cliff Hanger series (yeah, I am showing my age), and spent many a late night watching them on Chiller Theater.
That is why I love the EPIC TALES SET from ARTFUL INKABLES it is so much fun to make cards with this theme.
I embossed the background with silver and made the chess piece from white cards stock and shading. I used the Breaking Dawn cover as the template and inspiration.
The current THINK INK CHALLENGE is to USE ANY BOOK OR CD/ALBUM COVER FOR INSPIRATION and you still have till tomorrow at midnight Pacific Standard Time to link up your creation. You could win a wonderful grab bag of AI stamps!

Hope your weekend is wonderful!

12 comments:

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh I am in to vampires too - have always been since watching Lost Boys when I was a teenager. This series is the best I reckon as they don't turn to dust in the sun - they just sparkle. I watch the vampire diaries too LOL. Great card. I love these stamps by AI - should use the ones I have LOL. Great work.
mwah
Trace

Tasha said...

Wow this is stunning Kim! Gosh the colours are so striking and i love the chess piece its so creative
love tasha xx

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh Kim... this is amazing!It's gorgeous, perfect in every way!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Wow, Kim! This is fabulous! Such pretty colors and design & it really looks like the book cover!

Call Me Crafty Al said...

Fabulous card, Kim!! Love your take on the book cover - that chess piece is fantastic.

raindropecho said...

WOW!! This is genius! I love the contrast of the colors, just gorgeous! Wonderful job, Kim!

Gloria Dojlido said...

Wow...you captured your inspirational piece perfectly. Wonderfully done!

Cindy Haffner said...

Kim this is so STRIKING, I love it.

Jessica Diedrich said...

Sigh..Pam, Mercy and I just watched New Moon this weekend :) This card is awesome, Kim! Perfect take on the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I LOVE the impact of this card!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!! I just stopped by to thank you for your awesome comment on my blog and look what I get to see!!!!!!

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

WOWZA!! That game piece is amazing! Great job! I have kept this as "unread" in my google reader for several days so I could keep coming back to enjoy it!

Angie Hall Haviland said...

OH WOW---FABULOUS card!!!...I'm not into the series myself~~But LOVE your card...I've seen the first movie. lol my oldest Daughter, Mom and Sister are very into it...books, movies, etc.