Sunday, April 18, 2010

COLORFUL CHALLENGE!

Hope you are having a great weekend. Sad to say our early summer has disappeared for now but I hope it returns soon. In the mean time I have a garden card to help remind us of the beautiful flowers to come. Also, were having a blog hop on the 20th (this Tuesday) so be sure to check back.

The new challenge at ARTFUL INKABLES is to use a paint swatch either on your card or as an inspiration. I was a bit worried about this one as I have never done this but once I came home with some yummy colored paint chips I found it wasn't too hard.


I used the center color of the blue/green chip as the background for my patterned paper and the cream chip for the Spellbinder tag behind the sentiment.  The sentiment is from the IN MY GARDEN set from Artful INKables and is fast becoming one of my favorites as I have a  lot of avid gardeners in my family.

* You have until Monday, April 26, 2010, midnight Pacific Standard Time to link your creation to the  ARTFUL INKABLE BLOG post. A winner will be chosen Tuesday, April 27, 2010 to win a GRAB BAG of AI STAMPS!

* You are not required to use AI stamps, but if you have them, we'd love to see you use them! **IF YOU USE AI STAMPS, YOU GET 2 ENTRIES FOR YOUR CREATION! JUST ENTER YOUR NAME/LINK TWICE ON MR. LINKY!!!

13 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

You are so creative GF! I love this card... it's down right awesome! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Dawn said...

What??? are you kidding me??? This is STUNNING!!! what a gorgeous card... i am off to Lowes to get my paint chips and i HOPE to even come close to this!!! Amazing... You ROCKED this Challenge with your paper and scissors!!! way to go!

♥Rach♥ said...

Beautiful card, Kim! I love the beautiful color scheme and unique layout.

raindropecho said...

Wow, this is so elegant and wonderful! Such a work of art - just beautiful!
- Ann

Tasha said...

WOWZER Kim, gosh so stunning! Every time i visit you have something gorgeous to show and this is no exception! wow its really beautiful
love tasha xx

Tanya said...

WOW Kim! That is gorgeous! You did this challenge perfectly.

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

So pretty, Kim! Great papers and I just love all the embossing! Lovely colors too!

Mary Giles said...

How pretty is this! I love the panels and how you did the mutiple nestie layers.

KymKreates said...

lovely idea and card

Sammi said...

wow! You are so clever and creative! This looks AMAZING!! LOVE it!
xxx

JoAnn said...

Love your card!!!! But I always do.

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Wow, great use of the paint chips!

Mary Giles said...

How pretty! What a great layout and lovin' those colors.