Tuesday, March 4, 2014

HAPPILY EVER AFTER

My new embroidery machine is coming in pretty handy for gifts.  My niece got married recentlyI wanted to give the couple something personal.  I decided to do a monogram wall hanging and found an elegant split script alphabet on etsy.


I embroidered the monogram in black on a piece of light beige linen.  I figured that color combo would be neutral enough to fit most home decor schemes.  In case your wondering about the white edges,  I had to leave the cardboard on the edges for the pic because we were travelling and I didn't want the frame to get damaged.  

THE PROJECT
I used a beige linen blend and black Sulky embroidery thread from Joann's.  I backed the linen with a layer of easy knit interfacing in addition to using two layers of iron on stabilizer.  Once embroidered the lined was wrapped around a piece of cardboard and placed in the frame.  

The wedding and couple were elegantly gorgeous.  It was held at the Carnegie Institution for Science in Washington DC and it was the most beautiful setting imaginable.
Wishing a lifetime of happiness to the happy couple!

This is the card I made for the happy couple. I was in a hurry so it is a little blurry but you get the idea.

Thanks for stopping by! LINKY PARTIES By Stephanie Lynn Skip To My Lou

1 comment:

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! What a great gift and a beautiful card.