Sunday, March 2, 2014

PINTEREST ENVY

Do you jump on pinterest for just a minute then look up and realize you have been there for an hour (or two)? Yep, me too.

Do you spend hours on pinterest and then complain that you never have time do any of the projects you have pinned?  Yep, me too. Think about that for a minute...

Do you look at all the amazing projects and think jeez I wish I had that creativity? Yep, me too.

Do you flit from crochet to woodworking to home improvement till your head spins? Yep, me too.



I love pinterest but I have to admit it sometimes makes me feel extremely envious that I didn't think of all that awesomeness myself and that I don't have time to stay home 24/7 and make ALL of it.  Then I get over it and run out to buy supplies for projects I will probably never get around to making.

I have been working on stuff but instead of posting the projects I have been spending these cold,  snowy winter evenings pinning future projects. I finally decided it was time to either get back to posting or stop blogging altogether.  I went with posting cause I kinda like this blogging stuff.

Also, I finally got my husband to help me finish this reclaimed shutter wall hanging I have been working on since last summer and I wanted to share cause I thought it turned out pretty cool.

THE PROJECT
The shutter was purchased at Construction Junction in Pittsburgh for a couple dollars,  the shelf is from Joann's, the knob from Hobby Lobby and the clock from Target.

I painted the shutters with Maison Blanche chalk paint in Sugar Cane.  The shelf was stained with Dark Walnut.and given a coat of poly.  Please ignore the nail hole in the wall, it will probably take me another year to patch it...

My wonderful husband (he did not make me say that) attached the shelf to the shutters, attached the knob and hung it on the wall.  He also bought me the beautiful roses for Valentine's Day.  Yes, I know I am very lucky to have him.  The little flower on the left is temporary till I find just the right "thing" to put there.

THE PINSPIRATION
There are some amazing projects using old shutters.  Here are a couple. My shutter board is HERE.

Old Window Shuttersshutters

LINKY PARTIES
  Skip To My Lou By Stephanie Lynn PhotobucketJoin Me on Tuesday for
Elizabeth and Co.

Treasure Hunt Thursday
Skip To My Lou

5 comments:

Scrapthat said...

Well I pinned YOU!! Gorgeous work girl!!

Kim said...

I am addicted to Pinterest, as well! So much fun, isn't it? I love your project, what a great idea and it turned out super sweet!

Crystelle Boutique said...

Shutters are so much fun! I love decorating with them.....
:)
xx Crystelle
Crystelle Boutique

Unknown said...

Well, Pinterest is a fun place to hang out.

Debra@CommonGround said...

Great wall vignette, love that color blue. Now I'm heading over to your Pinterest Board. gosh, I spend too much time on Pinterest!