Monday, August 10, 2009

FROST ON THE PUMPKINS?


I wish! For the first time this summer it has been hot as Hades and wouldn't you know it our central air conked out about a month ago. We have been so lucky as it has been a pretty cool summer. We were going to put off getting a replacement till next spring but we may need it sooner if this keeps up. At least I have a good excuse to spend more time in my craft room which is in our nice, cool basement.


I found these cute pumpkins HERE on SCS last fall and I thought they would make fun place cards for a Halloween party using the new SPOOKTACULAR set from The Greeting Farm. They would also be cute by themselves as a little shelf decoration or a craft for the older kiddies.



Stampin up's round tab punch is used to make the pumpkin parts which are glued together. I put a little ribbon in the center before I sealed the final edge and curled some paper for the pumpkins tendrils and tucked them in along the ribbon. The vampire, witch and mummy were placed along the side of the pumpkin with some pop-dots.

I know summer isn't over yet but fall is my favorite time of year so I like to get a head start and it takes my mind off the heat!

11 comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

Ok seriously could these be ANY cuter? That pumpkin w/ the tab punch is amazing! Your coloring with this Spooktacular set is fab, too! You are so wonderfully creative, kim!

Jackie said...

These are adorable...Love these KIM

Mary Giles said...

Okay I've decided you are the 3-D project queen! These are absolutely fabulous!

Candy said...

These are SO CUTE - I just LOVE them.
You have done a great job - what fun!!!!!
Thank you so much for sharing......
Hugs, Candy

Busym1 said...

Those are adorable! michelle

ND Stamper Spot said...

These pumpkins are really cute! I may have to CASE these!

Elena said...

You have the best ideas ever, Kim! Really cute pumpkins! Love your coloring too!

Amy Johnson said...

These are just the cutest littlest things I have ever seen! You are so creative! Love the color and the images you used. Sorry its so hot where you live. Its only been hot a few days this summer for us in Northern Wisconsin. Its actually been a very depressing summer because its been so cold...you can't even go swimming its so cold. So sad.

Froggy said...

These are so cute Kim!! I so need that punch!!
I left you a pressie on my blog too!
www.froggaritaville.net

XOXO
Froggy

lisa808 said...

Adorable!!!

Peggy said...

I love these little pumpkins!! Will have to give them a try. The "spooktaculars" go so well with them and you have colored them up beautifully!