Thursday, August 27, 2009

HARRY TREATS and a SPOOKY FREEBIE!

Sounds disgusting doesn't it?



But look how cute Harry the spider is on this cupcake. This is one of Lindsay's Stamp Stuff's new Halloween stamps.

My son and I did this project together and he is insisting that I help with his school's Halloween party so that we can make these for it. I colored Harry, cut off his little spidery legs and replaced them with pipe cleaners. This was a super quick and easy project and we had a lot of fun icing the cupcakes and putting on the webs just for Harry. How cute is his expression and how inexpensive when you compare it with the cost of ready-made cupcake decorations. You could even have this as an art project that younger kids could easily manage.

Lindsay has several fun new Halloween stamps and a spooktacular FREEBIE this week. Go on a little ghost hunt through the other design team's blogs to get yours.


Lindsay
Melissa
Janet
Lisa
Margie
Katt
Tracey
Tamara
Row
Olena
Melissa
Leanne
Diana,August Guest DT Member

14 comments:

Lindsay Weirich said...

spooktackular! what a great idea and it turned out wonderful!

Margie said...

I this is too cute for words! And what a great idea, to use the pipe cleaners for the legs. Love your projects!

Row said...

Now that is too cute! love it! hopefully your son does not have a huge class :) the kids would just LOVE these!

Unknown said...

That is genius! I am definately going to have to try this closer to halloween! thanks!

Amy Johnson said...

Oh, I don't know if I could even eat this, I'd be afraid to touch it, it looks so scary! LOL! What a fun project! Love the pipe cleaners as legs. You are so creative! The neat thing about this is that after the cupcakes are eaten, the kids still have a spider to play with!

Claireabelle said...

Wow!! this is fabulous!
x

CFLanger said...

This is SO adorable! I bet the kids would love them!

Mrs. Fence said...

What a fun activity for you and your son! No wonder he wants you to help out with his party...

Olena said...

This is fabulous! Just, LOVE IT! ~Olena~

Leanne said...

Oh how cute!! The kids will go wild over these! Such a great idea!! Harry the Spider is sooo cute!!

ljurecek said...

Wowzer! That is just too cute! Your son should be very proud to have a mom who could come up with such a creative project and he should be really proud to have helped! Wish I lived next door cuz you got me wanting CAKE!

Melissa Craig said...

Wow how cute Kim. You made cupcakes just for this? Yummy! And how fun for your son, too.

Katt said...

That is too freakin cute!!! I have to use this idea for my son's daycare class!

Anonymous said...

You must be the "cool" mom at your son's school! The kids will go "crazy" for these yummy cupcakes ! Very "sweet" ! ;o) Tracy