Thursday, August 13, 2009

MR. ROBOTO and A FABULOUS FREEBIE!

Happy Thursday everyone!

I made this card a couple weeks ago for my sons "robot" birthday. Right now he wants to build robots when he grows up, as long as he make me one that does housework, I am all for it!

This is a newer stamp from LINDSAY"S STAMP STUFF called WACKY ROBOT. If you have a kid who is crazy for robots (they seem to be everywhere these days) like mine this is the perfect stamp and its only a dollar! I love his silly expression.



I made the card in geometric shapes to fit the robot theme, used some funky futuristic looking paper and added a few missing parts. Super quick, easy card and my son loved it.

Check out the other dt's blog for some inspiration and another freebie. You won't want to pass this one up it is stunning!

Lindsay
Melissa
Janet
Lisa
Margie
Katt
Tracey
Tamara
Row
Olena
Melissa
Leanne
Diana,August Guest DT Member

17 comments:

Rowena said...

I bet he LOVED it! that is so Amazingly cool. Fantastic card! All the elements work together so well.

Melissa Craig said...

This is really cool! I like all angles.

Lindsay Weirich said...

What fun! you are the best at making fun boy cards!

Leanne said...

Great card Kim! I love that paper and all the details are super cool! If he grows up and does make a robot that cleans please contact me I will be his first sale!

Lesa said...

Wow!! Your stuff is fabulous girl! This is so stinking cute and I have issues with masculine. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Unknown said...

Wow! I love that jagged edge on the card! It looks so great! That robot looks good too! Great job!

ljurecek said...

Aww! Now that's cute! Great choice of papers for this image, too.

Karen said...

What a hot rockin' boys card! :> Love that new robot o' Lindsay's and how you've used him here. I like the cogs, or spare parts, that you made the inside as interesting as the outside, and your funky shape!! Love it!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim, I want part of that housecleaning robot action as well ! LOL ! What an "AWESOME" boy card, your son must have been thrilled to "nuts and bolts"! ;o) Tracy

SusanBluerobot said...

great card l love it

Mary Giles said...

Kim this is way too cool! I absolutely love the jagged edge and the sprockets? Very fun boy card.

Peggy said...

I love how you did the card using angles. That robot is adorable!!

Mrs. Fence said...

What a great card! I just showed my son, he loves STYX! And he loved your card. Love all the geometric shapes. they work perfectly with this stamp!

Ellibelle said...

This is a fabulous boy card! Love the way it openes! And super fun colors too!

I do want to let you know though in order to be eligible to win the week's prize for the Digital Tuesday Challenge the card has to be new, it can be combined with other challenges but it has to be a new card. Thanks so much for understanding!
Just thought I'd let you know.

Unknown said...

oh wow, this is amazing!

Emma said...

Wow fantastic card...I love the robot and the LO.
Thanks for joining us at DTC & good luck.
Emma x

Anonymous said...

What a great card - I'd like a robot like that!