Sunday, December 30, 2012

BATMAN SCARF

I showed you the robot I made my son for Christmas, now I will show what i made for my daughter. She loves all things super hero geek (go figure with a science geek mom) so I made her a batman themed scarf with built in pockets for keeping her hands warm.  This is probably the only way I will get her to wear a scarf and any semblance of a glove.



This was so super easy to make.  I printed out a pic of the batman symbol and used it to make a pattern to cut out the yellow background and bat symbol from black and yellow craft felt.  I used a blanket stitch to attach them to the scarf.  The scarf was made of black anti-pill fleece.  It was a strip 10 X 60 inches.  The pockets were 10 X 12 inches.







They were placed at the ends of the strip and sewed around the edges at about 5/8 ths of an inch.

So easy and so much fun to wear.

If you have been hit with snow like us stay warm and have a great day!





Skip To My Lou

No comments: